Ugh, another blog ?!?

OK OK! I get it, in a world where everyone and their best friend's grandma has a blog, what will make this blog any different and worth reading?!?  That's simple; THE CONTENT!  I'm a woman who enjoys developing talent, uplifting our generation, providing generational insight for older folks and developing myself along the way.  I am passionate about us millennials and showing that we aren't the lazy entitled generation our predecessors think we are.  We are the ones that are changing views on politics, workplace structure, and non traditional jobs.  So as I myself go through interesting workplace and development obstacles, I scoured the internet looking for professional millennial men and women talking about their experiences, advice how to get through them, and how to support each other.  I found 0, a goose egg, nada, niltch.  Alot of individuals wanted to complain about their current situations and how they were so unfair; not offering a bit of advice, encouragement, or opportunity for us to talk about the issues.  Or I found the opposite, some older person talking about they understood those iPad totting, rap music listening to, liberal 'millennials'. Yea sure you do, because MTV is exactly how all of us act and respond to the world.  I'm sorry but this Justin Bieber, One Direction, skinny jean wearing Chris Brown generation does not resonate with me.  Not saying anything is wrong with this faction of our generation, but I remember when Chris Brown was 'running it', when snap music dominated the airwaves, and Justin and Britney's breakup was heart wrenching.  Our generation is great and we are 'millennials' but there are different factions within this great generation so to over generalize us together is just plain wrong and annoys us to no end.  Millennials in their late 20's and early 30's are in a workforce that isn't sure how to really deal with us.  We are outspoken, educated, and want to be the best ALWAYS.  Older generations have a hard time understanding how to harness those personalities and millennials have a hard time understanding them.  So, insert this blog!  Here I want to discuss real life issues for the professional millennial.  I'll have guest bloggers, articles regarding related issues, various podcasts, and real advice about how we can be great and work to develop ourselves and the generations before us. So welcome, if you have an article, podcast, or experience that you think would be great for others to hear, please submit them to me at kendrarlewis@gmail.com.  Otherwise enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment